How to Defy the Odds
What does it mean to “defy the odds?” It’s often used to describe an accomplishment of something that is seemingly improbable, or succeeding in something where people thought you would fail.
Defying the odds means that the odds are stacked against you, and it’s not very likely you’ll make it.
We love the idea of “defying the odds” because it means having perseverance and drive to keep going. To keep pushing. To overcome opposition and succeed. What’s not to love about someone who doesn’t give up and overcomes all odds? We look up to those who have succeeded amidst adversity because we admire their resilient spirit and qualities. Fortunately, these are habits we can develop in ourselves if we want to reach similar states of being!
Habits to develop if you want to defy the odds:
- Stay committed to your goals (no matter what challenges may arise)
- Practice resilience and the ability to recover quickly from difficulties
- Invite adversity and understand that things may not come easy (and defying the odds is never easy!)
- Keep extending past your comfort zone — you’ll never know your limits unless you keep pushing past them
- Set goals that make you uncomfortable and then put yourself out there by doing things you wouldn’t normally do